Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Point Of Focus Photography

I’ve discovered life without sport mustn’t be a very fulfilling one. My passion, growing up as a kid was sport. I was and still am, surrounded by people who are passionate about being active in life, creating memories to last a life time, pushing yourself to your limit, giving yourself new challenges, and most of all enjoying it.


There are two things in this world that I love to do, one is photography. I am a huge enthusiast, I’ve always been a bit mechanically minded and this hobby/business absolutely intrigues and drives me every day, to better myself and my skills. The other is sport and my rekindled love for mountain bike riding, through the help of my partner. I’m very fortunate to combine the two passions into one, Downhill Mountain Bike photography. It is thrilling to watch and challenging to photograph.


They say that Downhill Mountain Biking is the ‘Formula One’ of the cycling world and I would agree. The cyclists are supreme athletes who race the clock. It is man and machine versus the environment- with steep descents, boulders, rock gardens, sheer drops and massive jumps- all while dodging the myriad of trees. To get a photo can sometimes be impossible, when you’ve got to walk the track I’ve just described to you. To be in the right spot at the right time to get ‘that’ photo is so rewarding, especially at the speeds they are travelling at. And for some unknown reason I love every minute of it, photography and sport, it’s the lifestyle. I love it.


Written for the Dunn and Lewis magazine, “Live your Best Life” Issue #01 By Carly Hearn Mobile:0405174216 www.pointoffocus.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment